Friday, December 18, 2009

new invention?

I need a reverse dictionary. You know, where I can input what the word means and get back a list of words that would work. It seems like that should be possible--and who knows, maybe it even exists already and I just don't know about it.

It would be exceedingly helpful right now, though, as I'm trying to remember the word of the day from my school calendar. It meant basically the same thing as plethora or surfeit--you know, a whole bunch of something--but it started with an N. Neity? Nienety? Nienal? I absolutely can't recall. And though I tried using the thesaurus to lead me back to it, apparently it's too obscure of a word to be listed with its more mundane cousins (I should have guessed as much, after my calendar told me it's rarely used--which is, of course, why I want to use it right now.)

All that to say that I'm suffering from a surfeit, plethora, overabundance, and n--- of things to write about on this blog, and have thus been paralyzed from posting anything, ever. It's one of those problems of feeling like you can't say anything without saying everything--and then, not having the time, space, or stamina to say everything, not being able to say anything at all.

So instead, here's a post saying nothing, except that I fail at remembering the awesome new word I wanted to sneak in to my and everyone else's functional vocabularies. I'll be sure to use it multiple times in the next post if I ever remember it. And if you know what I'm talking about, by all means, let me know!

No comments: